SolvEx IMSI Manager
Roaming managers’ solution to a different subscription value that avoids roaming costs and expands roaming footprint.
This solution is intended for Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO), Mobile Virtual Network Enablers (MVNE), Mobile Virtual Network Aggregators (MNVA) and Service Providers (SP). In order to avoid or decrease Roaming cost, instantaneously extend roaming footprint and, since lately, support Subscription Management profile life cycle, roaming managers of both established and new MNO’s, MVNO’s, SP’s and IoT companies want to use a subscription value different from their own when abroad. The most used traditional solution for meeting this challenge is the Multi IMSI SIM applet – where numerous subscriptions (characterized by, at least, a specific IMSI value) are pre-loaded at card personalization while applet logic selects the most appropriate subscription depending on a location.
Such a pre-loaded stand-alone Multi IMSI applet solution is quite effective, but has few drawbacks, two of these being quite important. On one hand, newly acquired sponsored subscriptions (new IMSI ranges) are only effective for customers with new cards (as these will be added to the pre-loaded list). On the other hand, each card “locks” all preloaded subscriptions during full card’s life-cycle, with very low utilization level per subscription. In order to meet these challenges Valid introduced the IMSI Manager product within the SolvEx Suite.
- Subscription type can be defined as home, global and regional
- Priorities between home and global subscriptions can be applied
- Location change trigger can be set by country or down to individual MNC
- Subscription data
- From only IMSI to IMSI including keys, algo’s and MSISDN
- Being stored internally, externally at our customer or at the 3rd party
- Profile data
- A subset of profile data, including, but not limited to, PLMN list, FPLMN list, SPN, SDN, ADN and SMSCP is dedicated to each sponsored subscription
- Applet modes
- Stand alone – for prompt distribution of new / updated sponsor agreements
- Connected – for on-the-fly subscription deployment and release
- Configuration (applet)
- What mode shall applet work in? Shall HOME be used abroad? Where? What to do when no coverage? And many other options
- Subscription sources
- Product is open for a model where Valid clients can offer their IMSI ranges to be used by other Valid clients
- Product operations and administration
- Designed around typical roaming manager tasks
- Entering new agreements
- Updating agreements
- Removing agreements
- Product usage
- Directly – by the product GUI,
- Remotely – over the dedicated API
- Automatically – for connected mode
- Product reporting
- Viewing allocated and available subscriptions
Without a doubt, this solution works to allow Valid’s final customer to avoid or decrease Roaming costs and/or instantaneously extend roaming footprint. The client might also appreciate the increase in minutes available to him abroad, increased overall revenue and new revenue stream on his own IMSI ranges.